Friday, May 20, 2005

The best book I have read in a while

Is Duncan Delaney and the Cadillac of Doom, by A.L. Haskett (that's a good name for an author, isn't it?).
I found the book because it is recommended by Christopher Moore. Interestingly, it is out of print, having come out in 2000, but there are plenty of copies available on Amazon. This is one of those books that makes you laugh about every page, but the characters are interesting and the story is very good. It has a double ending that I really liked, I was surprised how good it is. Basically a tale of a young artist who leaves Wyoming for Los Angeles, with his full blooded Indian companion more or less tagging along after him. Once in LA, he meets the locals who are mostly bikers, strippers and art dealers. Is that redundant? I'm tired of typing and won't issue any spoilers, but this is a really great book. The author emailed me back (which I really appreciated) that he has another book in the works.

No comments: